Our Mission in 1996
The Council shall develop and support multi-agency integration to accommodate and encourage efforts of families and neighborhoods to support the positive development of children in Clark County. he focus of the Council shall be children and their caregivers - parents, relatives or other individuals.
By maximizing resources and improving access to and coordination of services, the Council will take a lead role in the strategic partnering of funding sources, service providers, families and the community to achieve its Vision.
Our Vision in 1996
The focus of the Council shall be children and their caregivers - parents, relatives or other individuals.
With that focus, we believe that: Families can be productive, self-reliant, nurturing and accountable. Communities can encourage and support family stability and hold families accountable.
Therefore, we will provide leadership to empower families in Clark County and foster an environment where:
- All families can have adequate food, clothing, shelter and healthcare.
- All children can live in a home environment that is supportive, non-violent, and free of drug and alcohol abuse.
- Marriage relationships can be strengthened, and fathers can be an active part of the family.
- All children can live in neighborhoods that are safe, secure and supportive.
- Families can have opportunities for jobs that provide adequate income to meet their basic needs.
- All children can be in school every school day ready to learn.
The Clark County Family Council will strive to attain the following among the agencies and institutions that serve children and families:
Program Development – Involve families in planning new programs that are responsive to the needs of children and families, and reduce or eliminate programs that are not responsive to the needs of children and families.
Accessibility – Make services available in homes and neighborhoods.
Coordination – Develop a system for joint planning, coordination of service delivery, and collaboration among all agencies and institutions serving children and families.
Both the Mission and the Vision were updated during the 2004 retreat.